Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Heart Like His Study Chapter 4:

Why is it that as a whole, I only call out to God in extreme circumstances...in labor "hey God, I could use some super natural strength here"
Have a new baby "this is the best day ever, God I'm so thankful for this"
Go to the grocery store...crickets...no calling out to God (unless of course a little one knocks over a display), no thanksgiving for the money to buy the groceries, the beautiful day, for who He is...hmmm.

I Samuel 4...God does not honor our neglect, the Israelites tried to use the Ark as a "good luck charm" for God, instead of trusting in His power and lost severely.  Te Philistines captured the Ark and God, in a  very funny way, destroyed the statue if their god, while plaguing the people of every town that it went to.

I have to realize that, while God is the loving caring Father that I want to know deeply, He is also the  sovereign and just God of the Israelites who held them accountable for their neglect.

If I am going to love God with all of me, I have to realize that GOD is both of these, loving Father and sovereign Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment