Tuesday, March 1, 2011

White Horse

When I got married nearly 6 years ago, a wise Christian woman, said something profound to me.  She told me not to put my husband up on a pedestal  (in my head I put him on a white horse), b/c he would most definitely fall off.
Interestingly enough, I heard a quote on the radio the other day, that was just as profound.  This woman said that no man can reach the deepest desires of a woman's heart.  I found this statement so counter-culture, I almost found it hard to hear, as did my sweet night in shinning armor. :)  What did she mean, my husband couldn't meet the deepest desire's of my heart?
The more I have thought about this the more I find it to be true.  I shouldn't put that kind of pressure on my husband... Because I expect this of him, in my sinful mind, he falls off his heart all the time.  How selfish of me.
The truth is, if I put my heavenly Father first in my life, then my knight, then my children, then others things would be as they should.  I would be more gracious in accepting their short comings.
My order is all muddled.  Sometimes it is Kevin first, then my children, then Christ, sometimes it is my children, then others, then Kev, then Christ which is embarrassing and disappointing to me.

Father, help me to keep you on throne, so that my husband can't fall off his horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment